Skip to content

Seo Seo Galbi | Korean BBQ in Seoul

April 4, 2011

Nothing fancy here. Just damn good eats. Once a pit stop for bus drivers to grab a quick bite while on their routes, Seo Seo Galbi has since opened its doors to the general public. And they’ve been keeping people well fed for forty-five years now.

The fare, seasoned galbi, will run you 14,000 KRW for 150g. Food is served with all the fixings, Korean peppers (풋고추) and red pepper paste (고추장). My kind of place.

You can read the full article I wrote for The Jeju Weekly here.

Getting there: Take subway Line 2 to Sinchon Station and hop out Exit 7. Walk straight to the first set of lights and cross the street. Seo Seo Galbi is just up the steep hill on your right.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

7 Comments leave one →
  1. April 14, 2011 12:22

Isn’t here awesome?? I have to go there again. It’s worth every penny I spend on tasty GOGI!!!

2. April 6, 2011 08:30

D, when you live here long enough you start comparing deals. :)
    The price of meat has gone up, but, yeah, overall, it’s super cheap compared to back home.

3. April 4, 2011 16:23

After looking at the store’s sign in the photo… “서서 먹는 갈비” means “stand and eat meat”!

4. April 4, 2011 11:09

Do you have to stand and eat there? If so, that’s the first time I’ve seen a place like that in Korea. While wandering around Osaka I stumbled onto a small place where folks were standing around small grills and cooking up cow tongues. I loved the vibe.

14,000 won for 150g?! Seoul is expensive compared to Daegu, but I still want to try it. Thanks for sharing.

• April 4, 2011 11:13

Yeah, it’s the only place of its kind in Korea. I thought the concept was fantastic so I proposed it to The Jeju Weekly. They’re going to run it this month. It’ll feature more information about the place so I’ll link it when it’s up.

Seoul is getting pricier. No doubt about that. But I often find at lesser known places like this that the portions are a little meatier.

• Dan permalink
        April 6, 2011 02:55

Expensive!…no tax, no tip and 2,000W for booze…man do I miss Korea street eats.