Skip to content

Seoul by Night

November 29, 2009

A friend of mine lent me his Nikon D3 for the weekend so I took it for a little spin. Below are a few shots I snapped last night strolling from Buam-dong all the way down to Gyeongbokgung Palace. I was downtown at Gyeonghuigung Palace earlier in the day shooting for a CNNGo piece I have going in next week. I’ll throw up the link as soon as I get it. Also in the set are some food pics of a great little Euro-style bakery/restaurant in Sinsa-dong, just down the street from Dosan Park. I popped in there for a beef ciabatta sandwich (7,500 won) and an ice tea (3,500 won). Good, good eats. If you’re looking for a relatively inexpensive place to grab a bite before a movie (Cine City) of some evening shopping (Apgujeong’s Rodeo Street), Le Alaska is worth checking out.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

8 Comments leave one →
  1. December 1, 2009 13:27

Thanks, Rob. =)

2. December 1, 2009 08:53

Love these photos! thanks for posting them.

3. November 30, 2009 04:00

Yep. To be honest, when you cut through all the technical jargon, it really comes to personal preference. I decided to go with Nikon after testing both (Canon & Nikon) at my friend’s photo studio. I just liked the warmer tones and the handling of Nikon much better.

4. November 30, 2009 03:12

When I finally went digital, I went Canon because at the time, all the pros I knew were ditching their Nikon gear for Canon, which I considered a pretty ringing endorsement (Canon also had the best color quality at the time). However, Nikon seems to really be catching up fast, and their pricepoints are hard to argue with.

5. November 30, 2009 00:13

Yep. For this set, I shot them all without flash. The shot of Gyeongbokgung Palace is enough to convince me that Nikon has pretty outstanding ISO capabilities. I know I’ve been a little critical about Canon, I just prefer the other.

6. November 29, 2009 18:45

I’m a Canon shooter myself, but I have heard that Nikons really excel in low light conditions. Have you found that to be the case?

7. November 29, 2009 14:54

Thanks very much! And, yes, absolutely, we can head out one weekend. This month may be tricky, but I’ll drop you a line very soon.

8. November 29, 2009 14:18

Nice post – I’d love to go traveling with you sometime. Consider it a standing offer most any weekend we can work it out :)