Skip to content

Infinitely yours, Seoul | 3D Poster

October 12, 2009

Not too long ago I posted our first promotional poster for the revamped global Seoul campaign under the banner ‘Infinitely yours, Seoul’. I promised after we got client approval that I’d post the second. Well, here it is in 3D. Thanks for waiting.

13 Comments leave one →
  1. October 14, 2009 07:16

I love seoul. Seoul is wonderful city.

2. Beesnuts permalink
    October 13, 2009 23:48

You really captured Pyongyang nicely!

3. October 12, 2009 23:27

The poster looks great… though I can imagine that Asiana Air will be none too happy.

4. October 12, 2009 13:13

wow!!! nice poster.
    but which subway line does the subway in the poster represent? I think line 2 should be the representation. Just an idea. I like the color if more cartoonish. :)

5. October 12, 2009 10:26

Gregory, this image over-emphasizes the Confucian palaces, and totally neglects the Buddhist temples — Seoul has a few really great temples worthy of tourist visits, but I can’t see a single one of them in this — that seems to me a major omission. Particularly Bongeun-sa, Doseon-sa, Seungga-sa, Inwang-sa (Seon-bawi & Guksa-dang) and Bongwon-sa ought to be represented — this would add cultural interest and balance… in my own opinion. Otherwise, a very nice poster — I’ll try to get a copy when it comes out.

6. October 12, 2009 10:08

Some more thoughts:
    Gangnam is not going to be happy. Maybe here we can see the future plan for Gangbuk more than ideas about Seoul as a whole.
    Why is a plane on a road on the bottom left? Is it Gimpo or it means Incheon?
    Something clear is that looking at the map we know who paid for it.

7. October 12, 2009 09:11

Well done. It tells an intelligible story. I’d like to see an enormous version of it.

Though it borders a kind of theme park reductionism, it’s fun/adventurous side makes you forget all that and you can get lost in it. I am just a little old school, I guess. Can anyone see any temples tucked into the side of a mountain? Though, I don’t know if I’d add one, because it all looks incredibly well balanced.

I also hope they can adjust the tag line, play with it a little more. The neon-esqe font for SEOUL is fantastic, I wouldn’t mind seeing that brand plastered everywhere.

8. October 12, 2009 07:50

Very nicely done. Not what I was expecting when I first read “3D” at Marmot’s Hole.

9. October 12, 2009 04:12

Thanks, Todd. All good suggestions. As for the copy, the final version was given by the client. Below are a couple ideas I suggested that didn’t make the cut:

Unlock the infinite mysteries

A world of infinite wonder waiting to be discovered

10. Todd permalink
    October 12, 2009 04:08

It’s a nice poster, for sure.

A few thoughts:

The KAL aircraft in the top left. I think Asiana wouldn’t be happy about it. Perhaps change the color. Also, if you could find a shot of an aircraft that is flying at a 45 degree angle towards the viewer, it would be more aesthetically pleasing.

The tag line: “Seoul, hiding all the infinite wonders” … hmmm… from a copy point of view, I think the verb “hiding” is a bit weak. And “all” and “infinite” seem not to mesh logically.

“Seoul” and “infinite” are already used… so… perhaps comments here will have a better idea… but off the top of my head I’d change the line to something like: “Uncover our wonders!”

11. October 12, 2009 02:36

I like it… makes me want to stare longer at the poster to see all those hidden gems. reminds me of the video game Sim City… or those cartoonish poster maps sold at tourist shops next to the tshirts and cameras.

12. October 12, 2009 02:08

That poster is really nice. I like it a lot. Can’t wait to see how the trolls on Marmot’s hate it.

Trackbacks